is a primary research facility, wholly-owned by MECLABS, dedicated to determining what works in marketing via exclusive case studies, surveys, and results data analysis. Then we publish what we learn so our community of marketers and weekly readers can improve their results and train their teams. The Economist, Harvard Business School’s Working Knowledge Site, and Entrepreneur.com have all praised MarketingSherpa
- Best Practices: 974 Case Studies & 3,494 Creative Samples
- Research: 1,862 marketing and research abstracts
- Instructions: 753 How-to's
tracks what works in all aspects of marketing (and what does not). While we do not deliver direct solutions, we partner with the MECLABS Strategy
, and Agency
Groups to provide private research for our clients. Our findings are published for the entire MarketingSherpa
community's benefit. Our goal: to give marketers of the world the stats, inspiration, and instructions to improve their results.
Our name 'Sherpa' refers admiringly to the Sherpas of Nepal who guide climbers up Mount Everest. Our goal is to be your friendly native guides who help make your tough climb toward great marketing results easier by handing you research on 'what works'.
Our research activities include:
- Case Study interviews with brand-side marketing VPs and directors in both business-to-business and consumer marketing. We conduct hundreds of these hour-long interviews per year.
- Surveys of our readership: marketing, advertising, and PR professionals
- Surveys of your prospects and customers, including consumers, technology professionals and business execs, to discover what they think of marketing that's targeting them.
- Exclusive lab tests and partnered research studies provided through the MECLABS Conversion Group
- Collection and analysis of 'best of' research data published by other research firms, labs, and service providers to the marketing field. We constantly review more than 500 research sources for data that might prove useful.
To ensure a consistently high level of scientific rigor in this experimentation, the MarketingSherpa team employs a rigorous Methodology to help analyze real-world data and reveal further discoveries.