MECLABS uses a rigorous methodological approach in the selection, implementation, and integration of technology solutions. We don’t simply install technology – we leverage our scientific approach to help you determine which technology solutions really work
for your business.
Technology Blind Spots: How human insight revealed a hidden (and almost missed) 31% gain
Media Type: Research Briefing
Test Protocol IDs: TP1306, TP1323, TP1324
- Consumer company that offers online brokerage services
- Consumer service provider that has both a significant online and offline presence
- Provides end-to-end market solutions for small-and-medium-size businesses
- Increase the amount of accounts created online
- Increase the amount of scheduled appointments coming from online
- Increase the amount of leads from an online form
- Which page design will generate the most conversion?
- Which page design will obtain the most scheduled appointments?
- Which page will obtain the most form submissions (i.e. leads)?
A/B/C/D multi-factorial split test
A/B multi-factorial split test
Series of multi-factorial split tests
The MECLABS approach to technology focuses on improving the financial performance of the sales and marketing process. Our Technology Group can work alongside your existing IT staff
. We can consult with your team to provide effective marketing solutions, we can provide direct technology support, or we can help install and host solutions within our own environment, ensuring that no large projects are crammed into your existing IT queue
Partnering with our Technology Group represents a strategic advantage for your business. Rather than bringing in consultants to rescue a project that has gone awry, we can help you test
the effectiveness of existing technology initiatives and quantify
the potential benefit of new ones. At MECLABS we don’t simply tell you how to improve the efficacy of your technology spend. We measure
your current effectiveness, supply the infrastructure to test future initiatives, and then deploy
those solutions that close the gap between performance and potential.
Our research methodology allows us to make the most of any of the widely implemented testing and analytics solutions
currently in use (such as Google Website Optimizer, Omniture Test&Target, Google Analytics, Omniture SiteCatalyst, ExactTarget, Eloqua), whether independently or integrated within our own testing platform (the MarketingExperiments Lab™). Using these testing and analytics solutions, we conduct single-factorial (A/B), multi-factorial (multi-variable/MV) and sequential (if unavoidable) tests.
The Technology Group specializes in the following:
- Web Design – Artful design for art’s sake leads to dysfunctional brochureware. We can ensure that your site deploys design concepts that are both aesthetically pleasing and maximally effective for your business. Too often we must deploy testing after-the-fact to fix the eccentricities of an expensive design team. It is much more efficient to incorporate our knowledge from years of offer response optimization right into the front-end of your design process.
- Testing – Testing is the cornerstone of everything we do – and we’ve been doing it longer than anyone else in the marketplace. We can help you choose the appropriate testing solution, install it on your servers or ours, and manage the tool itself.
- Analytics – Testing and analytics go hand-in-hand and our experience ranges from custom analytics solutions to all third-party tools. We can ensure that your analytics are tracking your organization’s objectives and driving strategic decision making.
- Application Development – Clients expect more than simple brochureware and we can build the tools and features that they demand. We specialize in secure, database-driven applications that integrate in real-time with your existing backend processes.
- Vendor Selection – We can provide a proven methodology that will help you sort through a dizzying array of vendors offering a wide array of marketing services such as testing, analytics, email marketing, pay-per-click management, CRM, CMS, and outsourcers.
- Outsourcing Management – Whether your partners are located across town or across the globe, we have significant experience extracting value from outsourced relationships. We focus on quantifying the impact of outsourced vendors from project inception to completion.
- Infrastructure Assessment – To understand which technology solutions really work for your business, we must first understand the technology environment (infrastructure) in which your business is currently operating. We can point out the strengths and weaknesses of your current infrastructure, the solutions which best map to that environment, and potential changes that will improve your strategic position for the future.
- Project Management – Sales and marketing teams are typically forced to coordinate between numerous third-party technology providers. We can serve as the general contractor between these contacts, speaking their language, managing to milestones and deadlines, and continually reporting on the progress of all outstanding projects.
- Database Architecture – Poor database design can undermine the usefulness of any data stored therein for the lifetime of the application. We can ensure that databases are designed optimally for both performance and efficacy.
- Data Mining – Because we specialize in a scientific process of assessment and testing, we have the mathematical background needed to extract the core needle insights from massive haystacks of data. We can perform multivariate regression analyses to determine whether given factors are predictive of future performance. We can show you how to deploy game theory to develop a minimax approach to your sales & marketing budget. We can use a black swan analysis to identify potential oversights in your risk management. We can help you to identify inherent biases within the data itself.